One month down, and I’m really starting to get to know these products very well haha! Even just having been working on this for a month, I would recommend anyone try it, at least temporarily. It just completely puts things into perspective. Knowing how often I’ve used, say, the lipstick, the amount of progress is honestly minuscule. So do I really need to own as many lipsticks as I do? Probably not. And now I’ll have that in the back of my head the next time something catches my eye.
On to the progress!
1. Benefit Porefessional Sample: So I have used this a couple of times although I haven’t worn foundation that much in the past month (bit of a clue there for the next product!), and it just keeps on going. I do like this, however I prefer a more moisturising primer since it helps foundation sit smoothly without highlighting my dry skin. I’m not going to be running out to buy this when it’s empty, which I reckon it will be in the next month or two, unless I keep using other primers instead of it. I think I’ll get more use out of it though once the weather starts warming up a bit, since my skin won’t be quite so flaky.
2. Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot Liquid-to-Powder Foundation in ‘Fair Enough’: I honestly don’t know how I used to like this – perhaps the formula has changed? It’s so dry and cakey, and it oxidises so badly! I’ve tried it a few times (you can see the sides have been scraped), mixing it with moisturiser, using all sorts of different primers and I can’t get it to work for me. I’m just going to get rid of this. It’s empty enough that I don’t feel guilty about it, and I don’t see the point of keeping a foundation I can’t wear if I’m going to see anyone!
3. Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in ‘010 Ivory’: Like I said last time, I don’t mind this but I don’t love this. The colour is a bit too dark for under my eyes where I prefer something more brightening but it just about matches my skin elsewhere on my face. The new line demarcating where the product is up to isn’t much lower than last month, but the picture isn’t showing up just how much of the tube is now scraped clear. I don’t think I’ll bother scraping out what’s at the bottom with a spatula once the applicator can no longer reach it since this is so old, and I’m looking forward to going back to concealers I prefer using.
4. Rimmel #Insta Fix & Go 2 in 1 Primer and Setting Spray: As you can see, I’ve used maybe a third of what I had left when I started this Project, so this will probably last a couple more updates yet. Reiterating what I said in the introduction, I’m not convinced this extends the wear of your makeup at all, but it does tone down any powderiness, and I do use it if I wet my brush to intensify a shadow. I don’t use it as a primer either even though it suggests it can be used in such a way, as I personally prefer using a spray with more skincare benefits, followed by a primer with some slight tackiness so as to help the application and wear time of my base makeup.
5. Benefit Hoola Quickie Contour Stick: Just as I predicted, the problem with this is remembering to use it! Once you’ve powdered, you’ve lost your chance! I know it looks like there’s some decent progress on this but that’s mostly the result of a little accident (wound it up to high, got it stuck, smushed it a little fixing the issue), although I have used this a few times. It seems to take me so much longer than other people to use up base products: I’m starting to think I have a very small face!
6. L’Oreal Paradise Primer Extatic: I’ve been using this when I have the patience and time to spend on making my makeup a little more dramatic, and I’ve been enjoying using it. It’s hard to tell with opaque tubes like this how much is left, but I’ll bin it next update if it’s not empty before then as it’s been open and being used for a couple of months already. Don’t take risks with your lash products guys – an infection is just not worth it!
7. Revlon Mega Multiplier Mascara: This is noticeably drier than it was last month, so I’m sure this will be done by the next update, and it will be binned if not. This is just okay in my opinion.
8. Benefit Gimme Brow in ‘5’: I’ve got to confess, I’ve barely used this. It’s a little too bold if layered over a brow pencil, but quite natural if not, and since I’ve been tinting my brows recently, I’ve been going without filling my brows in on natural days. I’ll try and use this more over the next month!
Finally my two challenge products!
9. Natural Collection Single Eyeshadow in ‘Barley’: I do like this shade, and it’s definitely wearable, but I’m not an excessive brush swirler so I don’t get through my eyeshadows very quickly – probably should remember that the next time I see a palette I want! It has developed a bit of hard pan so I’m planning on just lightly scratching that off with a spoolie, but I thought I’d leave it for this post so you can see exactly how much I used. Aaaaand, you can’t tell I used it at all so that was worth while, haha!
10. Revlon Lip Butter in ‘Berry Smoothie’: And then another one that doesn’t look like it’s been touched. Maybe a millimetre down, maybe… I am still enjoying using this and I’m not bored of it yet, but then I haven’t been exclusively using it. I don’t want to just use my Project Pan items and completely neglect the rest of my makeup collection, just up my use of some older items and clear them out (to make room for exciting new goodies (what? Who said that? I’m definitely not shopping at the moment, oh no!)). Yeah, lip products are hard to use up guys. But I’ll keep pushing on with it!
So! One out of ten gone, but it feels like a little bit of a cheat since it wasn’t completely used up, so let’s see if I can do better by the next update! Despite feeling a bit like a cheat, I am, however, a big believer in not forcing yourself to use something that you’re not enjoying, or that’s not working for you. Makeup is supposed to be enjoyable!